Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

LEAVING ON A JETPLANE

I am on AI 101 CCU-IGI-JFK seat number 27A and the feeling is as close to heavenly as humanly possible. I just saw Howrah bridge from a few thousand meters above and it looks wonderful. It is 9:30 at night and I feel like I am witnessing a million diwalis at once. I have listened to John Denver crooning my favorite song an "n" number of times and I do not think I'll get tired of it anytime soon. It is between 200o and 5000 meters above that you realize how paltry all of man's creations are compared to mother earth's. Any higher and you will begin to lose the point because you will be too far above. From up here at night, we look like ants huddling around, petering into and out of Lego blocks. A huge number of them. We are a civilization of Lego blocks that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment