Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

UNIMAGINATIVE LARGE BOXES

I am flying over the American midwest and America seems to be quite an unimaginative place from up in the air. The whole country is divided by straight lines. Point to point connectivity with no curves in between. Curves are an utterly unimportant waste of time and should be left to the european, with his stiff upper lip, to admire between his cups of tea or espresso, depending on which part of europe you are in. When I see this and think about the perfectly entropic view I would get back home in India in a similar situation. I cannot help but admire it. Well yeah it might be inefficient but it looks damn right pretty from an airplane. The only sense of entropy out here is the dendronic greenery which looks like someone got very bored dividing this wonderful country up into unimaginative large boxes and then took out his ink pen and splattered ink all over it. I love it. But America needs more curves. Because curves are fun and I guess all pubescent and post pubescent men and women would agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment